His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Monday, November 3, 2008

But That Way Is Too Hard!

I was correcting a math paper today. When I came to hundreds column addition, I figured it wouldn't be any big deal. After all this is review. They are working on fractions, multiplication and division.
So when I was grading Anna's paper, ALL the problems were WRONG! I called her over and asked her, "How can you come up with 41 to an addition problem of 824,236 and 79? She said, simple, I added it.

HUH???? Show me how you added it. 8+2+4+2+3+6+7+9...... :)

Uhh, why did you add it that way?

"Because the other way is too hard and takes too long!" LOL

I guess she was doing "creative math".

So, she is doing it the old fashioned hard way now.

1 comment:

Muddled Muse said...

Ha! Sounds like some of my kiddos at work. She'll love divisibility rules though...you get to use creative math to figure out 3s and 9s.

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin