His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Thursday, November 6, 2008

Here Are Some More Funnies

We went to a friend's daughter's wedding. The groom had several piercings in his nose and eyebrows. Sarah's eyes were rather drawn to him when she leaned over and whispered.... "Mama, when I get married do I have to marry a guy that looks like that?" No, I replied..... "Oh good!" I was afraid I 'd have to marry a man with all those things on his face! Will it hurt when they kiss?"

Sarah was irritated that Anna took the Arm of the Usher when we went to be seated at a wedding. She leaned over and said, "I'm going to WAIT before I take a man's arm! I'll wait until I'm at LEAST 10!

Anna was 5 and her brother was tickling her. She couldn't pronounce her r's very well so she said, "Be Cafull, I bwuise like a gwape!"

Sarah woke up in the middle of the night after having surgery. She was having pain. I told her to call her nurse... She pushed the button and when the nurse answered she said, "I think you better come in here, my leg is trying to get a headache!"

Another time when she had surgery she called the nurse button. A man answered and she said, "Who is this? I'm trying to call a girl nurse!
She didn't want to tell the man she had to go to the bathroom.

We studied the reformation recently and watched a video on Martin Luther. I quizzed the girls a couple of days later... "who was Martin Luther?"
Sarah said, "I know, I know!" He was a German, A German...... A GERMAN SHEPHERD! :)

When Anna was 5 she was taking a bath and she pointed to her chest. "I think these are going to be my breasteese.

When Erika had her body cast taken off they placed her in a whirlpool bath. She overheard the nurse say her therapist wanted to come in and see.
She PROTESTED! "NO WAY, He can't come in here and see my womanhood! I'm almost a WOMAN! LOL

Sarah saw her old prosthetist that she had when she was 5. He was walking down the hall and stopped her and said, "Hey Sarah, do you remember me?
She studied his face and said, yes, I think I do, but you look different. He said, "it is probably my beard!" She said, "No, you are old now."

We attended another wedding and the girls were all sitting quietly having cake. Daddy leaned over and said, "hey girls, maybe we can find some boys that are brothers for you to marry and then we'll just have 1 big wedding!" He was kidding of course.....
Anna said, "But Daddy, I had my heart set on marrying a black man!" :)

2 comments:

Muddled Muse said...

ROTLOL
Oh my gosh. I would really like to hang out with you and your girls for an afternoon.

Mike and Christie said...

So when are you coming back to Texas????? :)

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin