His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Saturday, November 8, 2008

ARE WE SPEAKING KINDLY?

Those 4 little magic words have been used for years in this household. First with the guys and now with the girls. It is amazing how powerful they are when you cheerfully say, "Are we speaking kindly?"

I usually say this if I hear an unhappy or complaining voice in the other room. 99% of the time, that is enough to set the children back on track. "Oh yea, I'm supposed to be NICE to my brothers and sisters". LOL

Many times it brings up personal confession without needing a pry bar to get it out of them....

"Are we speaking kindly?" can get responses like, "No Mam, I'm sorry", to "I forgot" to "No, I'm frustrated because ......" and then the other one apologizes.

What powerful little words.

Proverbs says "A soft answer turns away wrath". I see how that works out every day and it is so very true.

I just wish I could remember it ALL the time. :)

No comments:

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin