His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Legs Are on the Way!

Erika was fitted this a.m. for her new legs. I have to say I breathed a big sigh of relief that she was able to get into them and wear them with NO PAIN! YEA!
She has a bruise on her bone from walking around without legs, and now cannot walk anymore. So I was quite worried that she would not be able to participate well with the new fitting. All the way to the hospital I was trying to keep from crying because I felt so bad for her. I thought for sure that it would be a problem, and bruising on a bone like that takes forever to go away. I was picturing her set back 2 years needing to call out for me to take her to the bathroom, needing to be back in a wheel chair and I felt so guilty that I could barely bear it. Even though Erika is 10 and Sarah is 9, I have not been a "Prosthetic Mother" for that long. Just 3 years, so I still have much to learn about complications. Some of it you do not learn until it happens.
So now, it will be just a couple of more weeks and she will be running around like she used to. Then, it will be Sarah's turn to get a new leg.

I am so thankful for the guys at Scottish Rite who work on the girls legs. They are really, really talented folks with big huge hearts. And they are so supportive. They give comfort and strength and let you know great tips. My favorite one: When you want to go shoe shopping without the kids, just take their foot after they go to bed with you to the store! What a great idea!!!!! LOL

No comments:

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin