His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Sunday, November 2, 2008

When Past Crosses Present

Past vs. Present, Present vs. Past
Sin nature or Trauma
Attachment Issues or Sin Nature
Nature vs. Nurture
Inherited traits vs. Learned Behaviors

These have all been on my mind as of late and especially this a.m.
This is that time of year for Past to Cross Present. It is that time of year
that reminds A of where she came from, and how far she has come.

Today started out as a bit of disaster, but has turned out quite well.
I need to remember that GOD is ultimately in control and when things are out of whack
He is still working on our hearts.

A needs to have consistency in her life. She THRIVES with a secure schedule. She THRIVES with everything planned ahead and with no changes being made, but that is not necessarily the real world. It is something we try to make sure happens as it helps life go smoother, but it doesn't always work. So when it doesn't we try to help her through things smoothly. Sometimes it is great and she does fine, other times there are mornings like this morning.

Maybe we should call it our own personal "Black Sunday".

Things have been a bit chaotic around here due to extenuating circumstances. Not really anybody's fault. So A has had alot to deal with all month. She did great until.... today.
Combining the events of the last 6 weeks, with her anniversary for coming to live with us, AND of all things her growing out of her pre planned Sunday School dress and not being able to find her favorite shoes, it was a recipe for "all chaos and no order makes A a grouchy girl!"

And GROUCHY she was.

Daddy and I swiftly decided that we were not going to give way to a "Pity Party", so we headed her off at the pass. She was warned and then the boom was lowered.
Her reaction?
"What about time out, you didn't try a time out!" LOL

We do not negotiate with terrorists~! (I didn't say that to her, but I sure did think it!)

I am so thankful for God's mercy and grace in my own life, and am thankful seeing it unfold in her little life.
A consider's her 5th year anniversary to be on her Birthday, which will be Thanksgiving Day. Funny, her 5th birthday was also on Thanksgiving Day.
We have seen so many changes in her since that day 5 years ago when she came to stay with us. And we are so thankful to have her in our lives.

Sometimes it is hard to define when something is bothering her what the root cause is.
But ultimately it doesn't matter. God Knows and as she yields her life over to Him, no matter what the source, He is the complete answer. :)

A gave me permission to post this, as long as I used A and not her full name. :)

1 comment:

Melissa E. said...

Oops! I think you put her full name in there anyway... I promise not to tell!

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin