His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Monday, October 6, 2008

We are at the Hospital

THe child life room is a wonderful place. There are games and arts and crafts and access to computers! So while I am typing this, Sarah is sitting next to me blogging her heart out. :)

Surgery will be tomorrow a.m. at around 10:00. We have a bit of a surprise body cast coming. I wasn't quite expecting it, but it makes sense, so we may be back to bed pans for about 6-8 weeks.

Mike and girlies left at home have plenty to do, as I left a list for them.
I'm sure they will be fine for a few days.

So far, Sarah is enjoying her day now that all the waiting is over. We saw numerous doctors and therapists this a.m.

I'll type more later.....

14 comments:

mommajeane said...

We will be praying for you Sarah. Enjoy that childlife room and all the diff. toys and things to do. We will be praying for you too Christie.

Melissa E. said...

Sounds like an exercise in stamina and endurance is coming to your house this week. This kind of stuff is so hard in the middle of it but hopefully someday you and
Sarah will look back and be grateful for the ways her life was lovingly shaped by God even through these intense trials.

Praying for you all...

Anonymous said...

hope all goes well!-kylie

Mike and Christie said...

Hey Kylie! :)

Thanks for all the encouraging words Jeane and Melissa. She is in surgery right now. She will be coming out with a morphine pump and picked BLUE for her cast.
(that was after they gave her meds to make her groggy!) I hope she doesn't wake up and say, "why do I have blue instead of pink!" LOL

She slept good last night. I hope she handles the pain and being restrained by casts.
I think I have a degree in bedpans after Tim, Erika and Sarah. :)

The Noelles said...

Hi mom is Kylie the girl from camp? I
am glad you made it safe.


love Erika minich

JJ said...

We have been praying and praying. We are checking in frequently for updates.

Mike and Christie said...

Sarah's surgery has been successful. I just heard from both doctors and am waiting for them to get her in recovery. They are casting her right now.

I am praying that the morphine pump will keep her out of too much pain, and that they have valium ready to knock her out once she is awake. :) And maybe some for me too!

JJ said...

Thanks for the update! So glad to know that the time healing has begun.

How long will Sarah need to be hospitalized?

Elayne said...

We are praying for your safe and speedy recovery Sarah~
Love Aunt Elayne & Uncle Chris

Elayne said...

We are praying for your safe and speedy recovery Sarah~
Love Aunt Elayne & Uncle Chris

Tony and Dawn said...

We'll be praying for Sarah! She is such a trooper! God Bless -

Mike and Christie said...

If all goes well and Sarah can get off the IV today, she will be able to go home some time tonight! She is doing great. Last night was rough with side effects from morphine, but today she is off morphine and on oral meds and tolerating them much better.

Rebecca said...

Send sweet Sarah love from Becca, Joe and baby Sam. We will pray for a speedy and smooth recovery for Sarah, and extra strength and patience for Mom, Dad and other girls.

The Noelles said...

Dear mom what is the good news I hope you come to night.


I love you very much and miss you.
PSS. Anna is walking the goat.


LOVE Erika minich

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin