His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Thursday, October 9, 2008

There IS No Place Like Home

Melissa wrote, "There is no place like home!" She is so right.
Sarah did great last night. She only woke once, at 4:00 a.m. I gave her pain meds and she went right back to sleep. She is sleeping now on the couch all propped up. :)

I'm so glad she is doing well. I was a little concerned things wouldn't have been this smooth, but am thankful for the break!

Now, when I get my bearings back, I'm going to try and figure out how 1 load of laundry turned into about 6 in 2 days, with 2 people gone from home. :)
This is very suspicious!

And it is soooo true that "There's No Place Like HOME!"

5 comments:

JJ said...

We are praising the Lord with you. Sounds like Sarah slept better than I did last night!

Melissa E. said...

Ahhh... Sighs of relief for you....

:-)

Melissa E. said...

I am very honored to be the first word of this post... (sound of me puffing up with pride) :-)

Anyway, I hope things are improving for your sweet little girl. And you! I can't imagine that having a bone shortened is a nice thing to recover from! Yikes! How about the hand (and arm?); how is that healing and feeling?

The Noelles said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mike and Christie said...

The Noelles said...

She is doing great. Her pain is under control thanks to lortab and advil.
She is still waking up in the middle of the night for pain meds, but today was the first day we were able to skip a dose. YEA....

Her hand is doing well, she has not complained at all. Her knee and leg are another story.:( She has a pretty heavy cast on it, and if it hangs down, it hurts.

We have 2 more weeks in the arm cast, and then she'll switch to a brace, and 5 more weeks in the leg cast, then therapy.
She'll be running around by Christmas. :)

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin