His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Of Kitties and Fair Maidens

Our kids have always had favorite loved stuffed Animals. Chuck's favorite was Doogan, a large stuffed dog. I never realized how much he was attached to Doogan until we moved and left him behind. It took Chuck a long time to get to sleep without him, and was so happy when he was reunited.

All of the kids have had various stuffed animals that they have adored over the years, and some I still have, some I don't.

Marcus's Blue Bear, which we now call Franken Bear, because the dog ate him once while he was at scout camp, is on the shelf in the living room.


Doogan is at Tim's house now, and Joe's My Buddy doll is long gone.

But now, we have a new set of animals. One stands out, that I'd like to share, as this one is about to turn 5. This animal's worn look shows that the owner has truly loved her and still does. This is one that will probably go to college and beyond. :)
Here is a picture of Anna's famous "Kitty".

1 comment:

Ivy said...

wow. I remember when that kitty was orange.

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin