His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Simplifying

I have come to a crossroads in computer meets Christie. I have decided to simplify things, as I have too many projects going on and I am not finishing them. I need to use my time more wisely, and some things are just distractions. Sort of like, "mind candy". Sometimes you can read what is going on and it will dwell on your mind and then you can't concentrate on the project you are trying to work on.
So I am no longer participating in FRUA a website I have frequented for a few years, and Facebook, a website I have a difficult time navigating anyway. :)

I will miss the FRUA website, but I think it is for the best.

Now, to get to my projects!
After laundry of course! :)

10 comments:

Christine said...

Wow! Can I say wow? I am in shock, but I am so very proud of you. I really think I will follow suit even though I didn't post much, I was always checking. Are you still going to blog?

Mike and Christie said...

Hey Christine,
Oh yes, I plan to keep blogging and reading yours too. :) Altough for some weird reason I can't get yours to load right now. It could be a widget that doesn't like my computer)

Melissa E. said...

Phew! I thought you were going to say you were ending your blog! I'd miss you!

And darn it- I just started facebook. I could have found you for my friend collection!
Glad you are simplifying, though.

Rebecca said...

I think you are wise. I'm trying to get my life much more structured and simplified too...and the computer does make it hard! I think I'm going to try and stick with checking it morning/evening.

The Noelles said...

Melissa, I noticed you have a family blog, adoption blog etc. Are you planning to phase out the adoption blog now that you have been a family for almost a year? And then just keep the family blog up?

If so, I need to add your family blog to my blog roll. :)

Mike and Christie said...

duh, that was me, not the kids.

KonaDogBlog said...

Oh boy Christie! I wonder what happened. I haven't been to FRUA in ages and I hope it was not some blow up that sent you away. I am glad you are still bloggin' and I know they will miss you.

rolise said...

Christie- I just wanted to say that I will miss you on FRUA. I don't post that much but generally have enjoyed reading your posts even though we actually have nothing in common as I am liberal, jewish and from new york. You have changed my thinking on conservative christians as all being the same and narrow minded. I hope none of the recent negative threads have chased you away. I just don't read them once the vitriol starts. I also wanted to comment that even though you never finished your college education it is the value you place on education that has enabled your children to achieve so much. It is never too late to go back and finish if you ever find the time.

Mike and Christie said...

Wow Rolise,
Thank you for your kind words and encouragement. :)
I am saddened that some of the threads can get so heated. That is not the main reason for my departure, though it wouldn't be honest to say that it had no bearing at all.

If I do go back, it will be when the girlies are old enough to go too.
I actually sought out an online college, but after talking to the admissions counselor and finding out what was required, I sort of felt like it was just one step above a diploma mill, and that wouldn't be honest, NOR would it be what I wanted.

I have UT Dallas in mind, when the right time comes. :)

Anonymous said...

OK...here's the post I missed. Now I get it.

Christie, you blessed a LOT of people on FRUA, including me. Thankfully you were on-line so that I knew to contact you when it looked like Dallas was in our future.

If you need a FRUA fix...you can always call me...or stop by, neighbor!

Julie

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin