His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

When Do Overs Become Natural!


Last week, we started back to school for 2 hours each day, to continue to catch up.  Miss Alli has done well with her schedule! 
Summer time is very much non scheduled around here, but I do see a need for a skeleton schedule just to make things work better!

Something though that I have noticed is how well the girls are using their time.  They are being creative and not being lazy. 

And it seems that this is a time for lessons learned to sink in too.  Just like play helps solidify things learned educationally, it must also be working for things learned emotionally!

I have seen some drastic improvements recently in a certain somebody's attitude when she needs redirection! 
Twice this week, she caught herself with a less than stellar attitude, turned it around herself, and came to get a hug and apologize! 
WOW! This is huge!

So, today when I was on my treadmill, I called her to come to my room.  She came, I'm sure expecting me to give her a new chore to do.... but instead she was praised for doing so well. 
"Sweetie, I want you to know how much I appreciate that you turned your attitude around and apologized! That really means a lot to mama!" 
She was beaming!  I managed to give her a hug while walking 3.7 miles per hour, and didn't fall down! :)
I also overheard her telling one of the sisters, "When you point there are three fingers pointing right back at you!" LOL  Yes, she is listening!

I think her do overs are becoming a very good habit! :)

No comments:

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin