His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

That Button Pushing Thingy!


  • So today, we were hooked up to FIOS TV.... so we could bring our bill DOWN by 30 dollars!
    We don't watch TV at all.... so we decided to see what this FIOS thing would bring into our home.... How about several HUNDRED channels????
    I'm lost with the whole button pushing thingy.... and don't really understand how to find anything.. but we happened upon a channel that had Little House on the Prairie....THEN....there were the commercials.
    The first one showed this couple, OUR AGE, who were HAPPY to have all the kids gone and they were doing what THEY wanted to do!
    Erika was standing next to me and said, "Wow! How sad!"......

    I'm so glad she feels that way! I'm so glad that she knows how very much we love her and cherish each of our children and would never want them to just be "grown" so we could do whatever WE wanted.

    And now, we will let that button pushing thingy rest... and enjoy the cheaper bill.

3 comments:

Aus said...

Oh how I remember those comments - about the time our oldest three were headed to college (and now beyond)we started this adoption thing - some 10 years ago! And here we are in our 50's (mid in my case!) with three kids 10 and under - and my how life is good!

hugs - aus and co.

Fatcat said...

We haven't had tv for several years but there used to be 2 commercials that bugged me so bad --- one about a teenage girl who never, ever smiled and another about a teenager who couldn't remember her little brothers name. Grrr. Like that's what a normal happy family should be like!~!~

My husband is trying to decide whether adoption is something we could do and I'm praying, praying, praying he will say yes. Would you pray for us too?

Christie Minich said...

I certainly will!!!

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin