His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

A Newsy Update


We started summer school this week.  We are just doing 2 hours, from 10-12.  And it is working out wonderfully! 
For Miss Alli, she is working 45 minutes reading, 45 minutes spelling and then 30 minutes of math.
She cheerfully started, and was even up early so she and Sarah could play barbies on the front porch before she started.

It is nice getting back into a routine.  Our kids seem to thrive on routine.  Today we had our library day too, and finished off the evening with our family worship time. 

We were talking about how the gospel impacts our every day lives, and then we read 1 Corinthians 13.  Anna made a profound statement.... "You cannot give something you do not have", referring to love.  She was so right.   

If you are not filled with love, you cannot give it!  If you have not experienced love, how will you know to love, or even how to love?

When I think about our children, who came to us, not understanding or knowing love,  I feel tears well up in my eyes thinking about where they are now!  They are full of love.  Each one of them.

Today, I layed down on my bed for a "brief moment".... (not)  and Miss Alli came in and layed her head on my stomach.  We both fell into a deep sleep!  I woke an hour later, and just looked at her beautiful, peaceful face, resting there, holding my hand, and felt like I had witnessed a miracle!
I didn't want to move.  I didn't want that moment to end.  It was priceless.

Tonight when Anna came up and spontaneously hugged me and said, "Mama, I love you so much!"
My  heart skipped with joy.  I was witnessing a miracle. 

Today as I watched Erika and Anna interact, making a  movie together, just loving on each other, laughing together and working well together... I was witnessing a miracle.

Today as I saw Sarah and Alli interact and laugh together, sharing sweet moments of sisterly love, I witnessed a miracle.

Tonight as I listened to my girls pray and ask the Lord for wisdom, guidance and discernment, I witnessed a miracle!

Love is alive in their hearts!  Our hearts of full of gratefulness, of what the Lord can do in in our lives.

We truly are living a miracle!  I am so humbled to be a part of God's bigger plan!

And.... our prayers have been answered once again!  We will be going to Oklahoma so Alli and Tatyana can see each other once again before Tatyana starts college. 

Please pray for the girls as they reunite, that the Lord will go before them and give them all comfort and understanding!  We are so excited for all of us!

I love days like this when Trauma has had no place..... But LOVE has RULED!

LOVE ROCKS! And it DOES NOT FAIL!

Hanging on for the ride! :)

8 comments:

Annie said...

You are a miracle-worker. I wish I had your talent, focus.... Also, I think you have created the perfect, protected environment for your girls.

NancyB said...

What a beautiful post, Christie! Thanks for sharing such sweet and beautiful moments. :-)

NancyB

NancyB said...

What a beautiful post, Christie! Thanks for sharing such sweet and beautiful moments. :-)

NancyB

Christie Minich said...

Annie, I really am not a miracle worker. God is. :)
I am amazed that our Lord takes ordinary folks and works his plan.
It truly is an amazing ride.

Aus said...

Thanks for being the tool that our Father uses to craft a family - this was simply lovely - and is one of the true "value added benefits" that adoption brings!

Great joy with you - and hugs -

aus and co.

Muddled Muse said...

I'm so happy for your girlies. It's a wonderful time of life. Your stories remind me of playing with my sisters when we were smaller - we had our moments - but overall, we just had a wonderful time being together. That same love and joy is still with us even though we live farther apart. I know the Noelles will have that same connection when they get older as well.
*hugs*

mommajeane said...

I loved your post…I just know I would love living near you and your family.

TheCoffeys said...

These are the sort of things that many people need to hear! For the people who are still in the "midst" of everything and do not have strong faith. I was there a year ago and I needed to hear that it was possible. Now, we are on the other side thanks to Gods faithfulness and intervention. Now I can be an encouragement in same way I was encouraged by Christ and by you. Keep up the good work sister:)

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin