His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Saturday, July 6, 2013

Wylie Blue Grass Festival

We had a lot of fun at our towns Blue Grass Festival today.  There was also a car show, and we brought our Electric Leopard for display. :)
I love it that this was a community event and it was just so fun.  The girls could run around with friends and look at the cars and craft booths together, or just listen to the music.  There were some fantastic bands there.   One cracked me up.  "Sergeant Pepper's Lonely Blue Grass Band".....
 The Pastor of the Local Lutheran Church was giving out water.   (he's the guy in the blue shirt)
 We saw may friends from our own church too!
 A Purple Charger
 The girls liked this one.

 The Shriners were there too giving out lemonade!




 There's my little leopard. :)

More friends playing blue grass.. :)

We had a fine time! Thank you Wylie Texas!

4 comments:

TheCoffeys said...

Looks fun! I love music!

TheCoffeys said...

It looks like so much fun! I love music!

Karen said...

Looks like fun! Just wanted to let you know that I've finally gotten the Heather Forbes books (BCLC vol. 1 and 2, Daring to Love, and Help for Billy). Well, I got 2 of them in June, and 3 this month. I love them...they make sense to me! I've been using the techniques (at least some of the time) since I bought the first book a month ago and have seen more positive signs in the past month then in a long time...so despite that tough few hours the other night, I'm considering canceling the appointment this week to get him evaluated for a TSS (mobile therapist) as his attachment therapist had suggested...I'm starting to see more of that sensitive soul behind the tough exterior. Thanks so much for your blog which pointed me that direction! :-)

Christie Minich said...

Karen,
That is wonderful! :)

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin