His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Thursday, July 11, 2013

Amazing Love


4 comments:

Aus said...

I look at something like that and end up with the feeling that I am absolutely not worthy! Both of those men are warriors of the heart!

hugs - aus and co.

NancyB said...

Oh my gosh - I love the Hoyts! The are an institution around here (Boston area). I was so scared for them when the bombings happened during this year's marathon - I just looked it up, they were only a mile away from the finish. Dick (the father) is now 72, and this was to be their last Boston Marathon together, but he said they'll be back again next year, stronger than ever. Thanks for posting this, Christie - Dick's devotion to his son is something we should all use as an inspiration in our own lives.
Nancy

Christie Minich said...

Nancy that is just wonderful that you know them! :)
They seem like a great team!

NancyB said...

Well, can't say I know them, just know of them, and feel privileged to do so.
As amazing as their marathon record is (they've been in more than 1000 races), I think the most amazing part of "Team Hoyt" is the absolute devotion both Rick's (the son) parents have shown him over the years. I am pretty sure Dick retired from his job (the military?) so he could assist Rick as he attended school. Their story is here: www.teamhoyt.com

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin