His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thanksgiving Day

 Gluten free relish tray.  Have you ever tried Roasted Okra?  It is wonderful and crispy!
 Yes you may! :)
 A very tired, but very happy Daddy. :)  He worked until 4:00 a.m. so he could have the day off.


 Watching the Thanksgiving Day Parade
 Getting ready to make Stuffed Mushrooms


 Love my kitchen helper

 Fresh Pecans and Roasted Cashews

 Russian Tea Cakes
 Cranberry sauce that used to be shaped like the can. :)
 White Wine
 Stuffed Mushrooms are done and were delicious!
 Garlic Mashed Potatoes
 Olive Salad
 Green Salad
 Gluten Free dinner rolls (home made)

 A very cute Natalia..... who turned 2 today!

 Potluck style
 Cheese cake and Pumpkin pie
 WheelbarrowRides....
 Tomorrow some of our older kids will be visiting. :)  

We had a lot of fun and enjoyed time with our friends, the Voronenkos. 
And poor ole' Uncle Bob couldn't make it.... He is sick in bed. :(  
GET BETTER UNCLE BOB!



4 comments:

mommajeane said...

Happy Thanksgiving- Yours looked delicious. I remember that turkey pic and the big turkey you ate that one year.

Manfred said...

Looks very delicious.
can you post the ricipe for the teacakes and what are you use for the filled mushrooms?
Yes I Remember of the pic with Erika and this giant turkey :)

Christie Minich said...

Manfred,
The Teacake recipe is here:
http://minichfamilyblog.blogspot.com/2011/12/gluten-free-russian-tea-cakes.html

The Stuffed mushrooms.... I don't really have a recipe. :)
They are EASY and can be made different ways.

The amount of ingredients depends upon how many you are making.
But let's say you were going to make 12-18.
I use baby bella mushrooms. Take the stems out. (wash them)
This time I diced 1/2 celery stalk very fine. 1/3 of a medium onion, diced very fine...
1 cup gf bread crumbs
1/4 c melted butter
garlic, sage, salt, white pepper, black pepper, 1/3 cup bacon pieces, OR lump crab meat OR both...:)
1 egg. Mix everything together and then take spoon and stuff them.
Bake at 375 until firm when touched and the mushrooms are giving off a little liquid.
Eat ALL of them... or somebody else will! LOL

Manfred said...

thanks, I try it out.
Here is a recipe for you, that you can try out.

fried potato cakes:

500 g mashed potatoes from the day before, cold
1 egg (s)
3 tbsp of breadcrumbs
3 tbsp grated cheese (Gouda, Emmental ...)
1 tbsp chives, in rolls
Butter, for frying


The cold mashed potatoes with the stated ingredients, mix and leave for half an hour.

Butter in a frying pan.

Moisten hands and parting with a tablespoon of clementine-sized pieces and form into a cookie.

Enter into the hot fat.

From each side about 10 minutes to fry them a nice color have accepted.

These cookies can use as hash browns.
The dough makes about 10 pieces.


have a nice weekend.

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin