His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Friday, November 16, 2012

An Alli Update..... Almost 21 months home. :)

I have to say, we are ENJOYING our Alli time. :)
Many of you have followed us from the day she came into our lives.  March 2, 2011 was the day we arrived in NC to pick her up.

These last almost 2 years have been so amazing.  I have learned SO MUCH! 
HONESTLY and TRULY.... I was afraid.  I didn't know what to expect.  I didn't know what path our lives would take.
I read blogs and information all the time that would have suggested we were in for DARK TIMES that would never go away.

But then.... that is just FEAR talking.  It TRULY IS. 

I was talking to our Social Worker friend tonight about another child who is being disrupted. It was so sad to think of yet another child, having to start over AGAIN. :(  Yet as we talked to each other,  we were so happy to be a PART of Alli's story.... together.  That is how God uses each one of us! We each play a part in the life of another. 
 I am THANKFUL we get to play the "Parent" part. :)  Actually , we are the REAL DEAL.... the REAL PARENTS and I am so thankful to be mama to an INCREDIBLE daughter; actually to 4 incredible DAUGHTERS and 4 incredible SONS!:)

Alli is HOME.  Alli is FUNNY and LOVING and CARING and SENSITIVE and INQUISITIVE and ADORABLE. 
THAT IS OUR ALLI!
And she is NOT AFRAID to try new things. 
She decided to try her hand an embroidery and created a design by herself and started to work on it!
WOW!
She is headed full force into the Holiday season holding her head up high!  She is REALLY excited about getting another Christmas Ornament for the Tree. :) 

I pray that the young man who is without parents as of tonight, finds LOVING parents who will take care of him and help him to heal.

1 comment:

Dagbjört said...

Alli is an amazing artist, it seems like everything she touches turns into something beautiful!

It has been so precious to be able to read and learn about adoption and how your daughters blossom at HOME. I am so happy for you and thankful for all the things I have learned :)

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin