His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Cheese Cake Step By Step

The recipe for this is here:

 This is the Pecan crust.  I put it in the spring form pan first.

Next, I beat the eggs until very yellow and frothy.
Now I add creme cheese one package at a time and blend until smoothe.
Add all the other ingredients except whipping creme
This is when whipping creme is added, but you only stir just until it is well blended.    NOTE: I omitted the heavy whipping creme this time to see If I can have a denser cheesecake.
 Somebody is waiting for a beater to lick. :)

 Now I spoon the mixture onto the pecan mixture in the pan.






 Place in middle rack of 350 degree preheated oven.  Place a pan of water under the cheesecake.
This is what it looks like when it first comes out of the oven.  It will settle down and cool and then you have to make it get cold! 
I'll take a picture of it tomorrow before we eat it. :)
HERE IT IS! :)

It was wonderful..... I tweaked the recipe and it turned out great...I'll change the recipe to reflect my tweaking. :)

2 comments:

Ivy said...

I think the reason your cheesecake isn't very dense is because of the eggs--maybe try "flipping" the way you add the ingredients. Beat your cheese well, add everything else, and then the eggs and only mix a little. Frothy eggs are going to turn the cake light and airy.

Christie Minich said...

Ivy, that is a great tip! Thank you!
More experimenting to do! :) I really enjoy food science. :)

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin