His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Why Am I Thankful?

OH MY!  Just let me tell you why!!!!
I am thankful, SO VERY THANKFUL, for each of the hard times and difficult situations I faced as a child, a young person, a young adult and a young mother.  Things didn't make any sense.... and I had to trust the Lord, that He was good, and that HE knew! 

HE DID KNOW!  He was using the very best way, to prepare me for the LIFE He had chosen for me.

Had I not been through some of the things I went through as a kid, I wouldn't have been able to relate to my girls or my boys as well. 
Had I not had struggles, I wouldn't have been able to understand another's struggles.

Had our son not been born with severe disabilities, I would not have been as open to "severe disabilities" when we brought the girls home.

Had I not suffered extreme rejection, I wouldn't have understood how it felt to be so  rejected.

Had I not struggled in learning, I wouldn't have been able to understand how frustrating it is to not be able to understand.

Had I not received the UNCONDITIONAL LOVE of a Savior.... I would not have understood unconditional love.

I am SO VERY THANKFUL for my life.  I am so full of joy right now.  The JOY of the LORD is my strength.

I am a mom to 8 children, 11 grand children, and a FANTASTIC husband.  I am blessed beyond measure. 
In the dark times of my life, I was being blessed without measure but I couldn't see it.  I didn't understand it was for my good!
Now I do.....and I am overwhelmed with gratefulness! 
To the Only One... Our God and Father be glory and honor and praise!

Random fun pics of the day..... Girlies are officially on Vacation! YEA!
Let the Baking Begin!
  Alli trying to figure out how to get the package open.  This recipe should be interesting......
She said, "Is this 1/4 of a cup?  She had measured 1 1/4 cup. :)  Glad we caught it!
 Sarah creating something very mysterious!
 Erika  just looking very pretty as usual. :)  Our brisket is thawing...... :)
Anna, finishing up her writing for the evening. :)

1 comment:

louisianaborn said...

Your girls are so very pretty!
I hope someday I will be able to read your life story. I agree with you that the Lord brings us up in circumstances that Satan intends for evil but God means for good, that our lives will be to His glory. I am so glad that you have leaned on Him and trusted, especially in the "dark" times, rather than following your own devices and "having it your way". All of those children have been recipients of God's grace because of your faithfulness (and your dear husband's).

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin