His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Friday, November 2, 2012

A Profound Thought From The Mind of Miss Alli

It was my pleasure to spend some mommy daughter time with Alli yesterday.  We went to run errands and grocery shopping. 
I really like these times with each of my girls because it gives us time to talk and think and just be.

Alli was thinking quietly and then suddenly she said, "Mama! I just thought about something!" 
In my old family, I was allowed to do anything I wanted all the time.  And I just realized, they didn't ever teach me; kind of like those people who give their child candy so they won't cry or scream. 
"I would just run off on a horse and they never tried to stop me and one time I got lost in the woods!"
"I wasn't happy."

She then said, "Mama, you taught me not to scream.  And you taught me that I don't need to have everything to be happy." 

I asked, "Are you happy sweetie?" 
She said,  "Yes mama. I'm happy." :)

1 comment:

Sergey and Tatyana said...

Alli is so sweet and cute. It's a big moment when kids do realize that they don't' have to have everything to be happy. Sometimes even for adult it's hard to get it that they dont' have to have everything to be happy. She is very smart girl, and you are a great parent. Blessings

*Thank you so much for info about homeschooling. You helped a lot, and I think if nothing change we will start soon with homeschooling.

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin