His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Saturday, September 29, 2012

The Voice of the Martyr's Conference 2012

Today, we attended "The Voice of the Martyr's Conference" in Irving, Texas.  It was once again, a wonderful experience to be with a very special group of believers. 
This year they also had a teen conference that the girls attended.  They all had a special time and enjoyed the speakers.

There was a surprise guest speaker who came to America from China.  He was one of the former prisoners featured in the VOM magazine.  This man was so full of joy.  He brought with him several boxes of cards and letters that had been sent to him and his family while he was imprisoned.  His joy was infectious.  His daughter translated for him and she had a face that shone with joy.  She also spoke about how the encouragement of believers from around the world helped her family so much during such difficult times.

The other speakers were from Iran, Pakistan and Columbia.  The final speaker was Gracia Burnham. She spoke at the last conference about 4 years ago in Oklahoma.  She and her husband had been kidnapped by Abu Saief rebels in The Philippines.  Her story of imprisonment, wandering in jungles, and the subsequent death of her husband was gripping.
She talked about the importance of prayer and praying for those who are suffering.
She also said that a good way to pray for other countries is to go into your closet and when you get dressed, check the label in your clothes to see where they have been made and pray for that country that day.  :) 

I will never forget about Richard Wurmbrand's shock at how little the West was praying for those in chains behind the Iron curtain.  He started The Voice of the Martyr's to make Christians in America aware of what is going on world wide.  The Lord has prospered his ministry  over the years, and it is one of the very few that I trust and support.

One thing that I did not know about Richard Wurmbrand was that he was an orphan! The Lord saw fit to use an Orphan from Romania and use him in a very BIG way!  I also did not know that Sabina was from Ukraine!  

The wonderful things we were told today will stay in my heart forever.  What a refreshing and encouraging time.

2 comments:

Annie said...

That sounds like such an uplifting experience - every so often as I'm driving around town or doing some mundane thing I remember that there are people in the world being held in prison, tortured, going without food, being beaten....it seems so unreal. Her clothes must be better marked than mine; I can never find anything to say where they are made...or rarely. I got a dress from the second-hand store once, "Made in Israel", which was surprising.

Have you ever read "Left to Tell" by Immaculee Ilibagiza? It is such a gripping story by a woman who was in the genocide in Rwanda. She came and spoke in our parish and she was so radiant, gold tested in fire, indeed. Anyway, I heartily recommend her book.

Mike and Christie said...

I have not read it. Have you read "The Pastor's Wife" by Sabina Wurmbrand? It is one of the best books I have ever read....
And then the book by her husband Richard...called "Tortured for Christ".
I read this book when I was very young and it was life changing for me.

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin