His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Thursday, September 27, 2012

Fun Night Out

I'm telling ya, a new phase has begun and you can see it in her relaxed posture and joy. 
Tonight was Alli and Daddy's turn for a special time out.  Thursdays are also my turn to go to support group, visit grand kids or visit a friend.

I left earlier than usual, because my dear friend and I  went to have a nice gluten free, night shade free, sugar free, caffeine free dinner! And it was wonderful! We went to P.F. Changs. I have never been there, but I know when Mike and I go out on a date, that will most likely be the place of choice!

So, Mike and Alli left an hour later and Erika caught these photos of them getting ready to leave.



They had a wonderful time.....and they got back BEFORE ME! LOL

My friend and I have known each other for 23 years.   They moved away several years ago and came back to Texas!  We had a lot of catching up to do! :)
I am so thankful for dear friends that have prayed for us, and that we can pray for too. :)
It was just wonderful to sit over tea and talk, and talk and TALK...... :) 
Both of us got phone calls and texts requesting we stop at the store on the way home to get something. LOL
We parted ways to go to our homes, both encouraged and refreshed in the Lord.

Daddy and Alli found a lovely wooden box for her to paint and keep special things in.  She has already painted it, and daddy is going to help her put a clear varnish on it tomorrow.


I think it looks beautiful!  She painted it in about 15 minutes!

4 comments:

Milena said...

What a gift! Or rather - many. Your refreshing dinner with your friend, Alli's and Mike's outing, the beautiful box, and Alli's talent to paint! I'm truly happy for you all!

Muddled Muse said...

Wow. Alli really has a gift for drawing and painting. She will make such beautiful things in the course of her life!

I love the Daddy pictures. As a Daddy's girl myself - there are no words that can convey the closeness of the relationship - the pictures are a wonderful window into that kind of trust and love.

Alysa said...

Alli is such a gifted painter! Maybe she will be a professional one when she is older!

Esther said...

WOW! She did an AMAZING job painting that!!!!

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin