His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Thursday, September 27, 2012

My Erika.

 Erika is working on an essay.  This is her first draft, but it is so sweet, I couldn't wait for the final one. :)
This shows Erika's heart. She is such a sweet young lady. I am so very proud of her.  Erika is the kind of big sister that anybody would want. I think she has some really great examples on being an older sibling.


Young people sometimes fail to appreciate the blessing of having and older brother or sister.  I have four older brothers and I treasure them with all my heart.
I look up to them and learn from them. They are my example. The have grown up and have kids of their own.
I love it when they come to visit. I get to spend time with them and hear the things that have happened to them.  I treasure them so very much.
I ponder the time I have with them because in the blink of an eye, the Lord could take it all away.

I love to see my brother Chuck watch football, and see him get so excited when they hit a home run. Just to see him filled with joy makes me light up.


I love playing cards with my brother Timothy. Playing Spoons is the game my brother and I played last time and when he would win he would always scream with joy. It makes me laugh.


I love it when Joseph comes over. He is always so kind. I love to watch him tell mom not to pick up anything and he will do it. Or when he plays cards with me and when he tried to take us to the library and didn't know how to get there. It makes me smile.


I adore it when Marcus comes over. He is always so tender. He can play a game with me while holding his baby girl. I love his respect and love to his wife and children. He amazes me with the many talents he has.

I learn so much from my older brothers.
  
Erika, you are my sweet heart....

7 comments:

Brooke said...

She is SO sweet! I love it when they hit a home run in football too!

Mike and Christie said...

Brooke, I saw that too and didn't have the heart to tell her. LOL

NancyB said...

Christie - That is so sweet - I actually got teary. What a smart, sweet girl. (Football, homerun - how cute!)

Nancy

Milena said...

She couldn't be sweeter if she tried. What a darling girl she is!

Privateer3000 said...

iam so glad of your girl! i pray for you. my candle light for you tonight.

Mike and Christie said...

Thank you Privateer. :)

Erika M. said...

Sorry I mean Touch Down.

Erika M.

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin