His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Sunday, September 23, 2012

An Interesting Predicament.....


Today after church, we went to a nice Mexican Restaurant.  I normally do not go into public restrooms, but nature was calling; so I did.

When it came time for me to reach for the Toilet Paper, the contraption that holds such paper, which is GIANT by the way, AND two sided so when one runs out there is another.... was TOTALLY EMPTY!

So I sat there contemplating my predicament.   Do I wait for somebody to come in?  Do I scream for help? 
Awww. I have my cell phone, WHICH was charged up thank goodness.
I called my husband WHO DIDN'T ANSWER!
So I called 411.  I told them the name of the restaurant and they said it didn't exist.  Ummm... yes it does, trust me on this one!
He gave me to another person and they gave me the number and put me through.

So I carefully said, "I am in the ladies' restroom in the first stall in your restaurant, can you please send in a girl to bring toilet paper? I'm a bit stranded here."  

The man on the other end of the line profusely apologized and about 15 seconds later I was rescued.
I was walking out to wash my hands and Anna came in to see what was taking so long. LOL
I got to the table and Mike said, "Was there a long line?"

All that time I was in distress and my family was 50 yards away happily sipping soda and eating chips and salsa! 
I AM SO THANKFUL for my cell phone!

And next time, I'll remember to check for TP before I sit.  :)

8 comments:

mommajeane said...

Your post made me smile...thanks for the funny story today. I needed that. You usually only not check one time :)

Ivy said...

that is too funny! next time carry your own!

Ivy said...

that is too funny! next time carry your own!

Chris said...

You did not! That is so funny. I would never have thought to call 411.

Mike and Christie said...

Chris.... I did... I didn't think 911 would have taken me seriously. LOL

Muddled Muse said...

*gigglefit*

I'm so glad that it's not just me who gets in ridiculous situations like that.

Privateer3000 said...

what a story :) awesome

Privateer3000 said...

what a story :) awesome

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin