His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Saturday, September 8, 2012

THE EGGS HAVE ARRIVED!!!!

This morning Sarah and I were sitting on the front porch and we heard a chicken singing the chicken happy dance song.  It is the sound chickens make after they LAY AN EGG!!!!

We knew we were close to getting eggs  because our 2 roosters have started to crow.  Young roosters are so funny.  They have that "teenage boy" sort of sound to their crow. :)
 Sarah ran to check, and sure enough, they were laying!!!  It is Pay Off time at the Minich Family Farm!
 Oh yes! Oh yes! We are doing the happy dance!
No more buying those awful tasteless eggs at the grocery store!  No more paying premium price for an organic egg that doesn't taste any different than the cheap ones. 
The funny part is.... I broke down yesterday and bought eggs. We went without for almost a week because I was just SURE they were going to lay! 
This is my omelette cooking.... :)   We learned in science last week that eggs contain all 9 essential amino acids!

Thank you Lord for our fresh eggs and for chickens willing to let us have them!

4 comments:

schnitzelbank said...

Hi, off-topic comment here! I came across this link on FB, and I thought your girls might find this interesting. It's rare color (!) photos from 100 years ago in the Russian Empire. A cool social studies/science lesson?

http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/2010/08/russia_in_color_a_century_ago.html

Chris said...

we have 5 hens and only 2 or 3 eggs. We think someone is lazy! Do all your hens lay every day?

Mike and Christie said...

Schnitzlebank, those pictures were really NEAT! We looked at them several times. So interesting to see them in color.

Chris,
We have 20 hens and 2 roosters. Today was our first egg day for them. They are 6 months old. We collected a dozen eggs today. So, I don't know yet. Our previous experience was the longer the sun is out, the more they lay. We used to get an egg a day from each hen. I hope we get that many this time around.....

Annie said...

Yummy. I wish I had that omelet now.

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin