His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Monday, April 16, 2012

Overwhelm

Miss Alli and I stayed home from services yesterday.  She was still a bit overwhelmed with old memories.  Yesterday was going to be a huge day with a church potluck after church, a baby shower for 5 babies at the same time and then a business meeting!  That would have been way to much for her.

We got some much needed cleaning done in my room.  And we had a wonderful time to talk.  I think our time, just being together and in quiet, really helped her get over the overwhelm.  She was rested and playful. 
Today was one of those wonderful days, that we are used to having. :)
That is, until the Russian Consular office called and said everything I turned into them was WRONG and I have to redo it all, have it translated AND apostilled.  This means I have to send certificates of adoption AND birth BACK to NC for apostille, and our stuff to Austin for Apostille.....
MERCY.... now I am overwhelmed! 
The man on the phone was REALLY kind.  In his Russian Accent he said, "This is very complicated case!"  I said, "Do you think?" :)

I assured him we were trying to do everything we could and we were doing our best, but the website didn't tell us to do all the stuff he was saying we had to do.  It is interesting, because with Sarah, we just had to re register her and get a new number. (Ukraine)
But with Russia, they will be sending all our information to Russia and Alli will be issued a new birth certificate in Russian, with our names, a new adoption decree FROM RUSSIA with our names and eventually a new passport, when all that stuff comes back.  But... he said we have to go to HOUSTON in PERSON to get the passport.

I'm sort of impressed. :)  I think.... I hope it works the second time!

4 comments:

Alysa said...

Hi - I got your comment about leaving a comment, but unfortunately didn't get the first comment! WAh! You can repost it if you want :)

Milena said...

I do understand that it's overwhelming for you, but still it somehow makes me happy that they take it so seriously. Maybe it can be reassuring for Alli too to see the new papers and passport. Like look, you're REALLY ours, even Russia thinks so :-)
(I know I can be Pollyanna at times :-) )

MariaG said...

Beautiful pics ... all the girls are beautiful:)
I really like the last picture of Anna!

On an entirely different note ... I just discovered this website and thought of Erika. Lots of great free knitting and crochet patterns (and some awesome ones to buy too ... for not too much $). There are other crafts there too, like quilting, embroidery, etc.

www.craftsy.com

MariaG (Canada)

Mike and Christie said...

Milena, you are right! I think it will make her feel even more secure, and me too! I'll just be glad to be done with all that work and have accomplished something besides a huge fed ex bill. :)

Thanks Maria for the website. :)

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin