His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Sunday, April 29, 2012

More Old Video....

Pulling Anna's dangling tooth.... video videoSarah thanking the Lord....

Getting a hug...
video 
Miss Alli spent some time last night watching some of these videos.  And then, she was a little sad.  I wondered if her seeing them would cause a negative response.  It really didn't. It caused a NORMAL response.  She realized how much she has missed while she was not in our family all those years.
As we snuggled, I quickly pointed out that there was another person missing in those videos.  She missed out too. 

 But OH the fun we have had since everybody has been together!  
It is interesting, that I get the same feeling when I watch Alli's interview video from Russia.  She is so cute and tiny and I just want to pick her up and hug her, and I missed that opportunity. :(  It makes me feel sad too.  I wish each and every one of our girls had been home from day one...but that is not their story, or mine.
I was looking at a book that our Pastor recommended called "Your God is Too Small"....Here is a quote from that book.
"We can never have too big a
conception of God, and the more
scientific knowledge (in whatever field)
advances, the greater becomes our idea
of His vast and complicated wisdom.
Yet, unless we are to remain befogged
and bewildered and give up all hope of
ever knowing God as a Person, we have to
accept His own planned focusing of
Himself into a human being, Jesus
Christ.
If we accept this as fact, as THE
Fact of history, it becomes possible to
find a satisfactory and comprehensive
answer to a great many problems, and,
what is equally important, a reasonable
"shelf" on which the unsolved
perplexities may be left with every
confidence."
J.B. Phillips, "You're God Is Too Small"

We have MANY perplexities and unsolved understandings in this life.... BUT GOD....
Each step in our lives is according to HIS purpose and WILL.... and we see the miracles each and every day!

I leave this post, with a dance....

video


1 comment:

MariaG said...

awww ... so cute. Alli ... you're in there too! I thought it was Anna at first 'cause I thought your mom was showing older videos but I was confused about Anna wearing glases and then when you bowed I could clearly see it was you! Yeah! 'Love your smile :)
MariaG (Canada)
p.s. You sure gave your Daddy a workout!

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin