His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

My Summer Head Covering

 I have one in black and one in white. :)
This is a Mennonite pattern.  I am not Mennonite,  nor am I Amish,  but they have loads of experience in comfortable head wear that doesn't get in your way.  This way I can wear my hair up during the hotter months and keep it covered. :)      I used one of these coverings a long time ago and then it disappeared.... I still have never found it!  The last line of this post makes me wonder if a certain 5 year old may have confiscated it for play. LOL  Inquiring minds do wish to know! :)

I ordered it from THIS SITE.    The lady makes her coverings and is very delightful to communicate with.
Here is a front and side view....



The girls want to get one for dress up too. :) 

12 comments:

Emily Minich said...

Hey! I ordered one way back then when you did. You can have mine! I will bring it your way when next we visit. Hopefully I will remember. Lol.

Chiara said...

Please exucuse me if I ask. Why do you cover your hair? Do you need to or it is just because you feel comfortable with it on?

Mike and Christie said...

Chiara, I cover my head for the reason of prayer.
In 1 Corinthians chapter 11, there is much written about this. I believe it is also for today.
It has been a process over years, making this decision. :)

mom2themoose said...

Many Jewish women cover their heads as well and they have some very cool and fashionable scarves and coverings. Some of them actually wear wigs and other wear baseball hats ;). I've toyed with the idea over the years, but I'm not quite that observant, plus, I have crazy thick hair that hurts if I wear a ponytail. I can't even wear a headband for more than an hour or so. So, I will frequently don a scarf in synagogue and that's it for now.

mom2themoose said...

Many Jewish women cover their heads as well and they have some very cool and fashionable scarves and coverings. Some of them actually wear wigs and other wear baseball hats ;). I've toyed with the idea over the years, but I'm not quite that observant, plus, I have crazy thick hair that hurts if I wear a ponytail. I can't even wear a headband for more than an hour or so. So, I will frequently don a scarf in synagogue and that's it for now.

Mike and Christie said...

my other coverings I get from Israel. :) www.modestworld.com

Milena said...

Do I understand it right that you are covering your head - not particularly your hair? I ask because your hair isn't really that covered and in some pictures you also wear your hair down, and that makes more sense if it's the head that's supposed to be covered!

Mike and Christie said...

Yes. :)

Chris said...

Christie, Just a bit of warning...those strings get very annoying in the hot summer..they stick to your neck or tickle. And when they get caught on something as you go about your work...I decided I can be 'covered' w/o strings!

Mike and Christie said...

Chris, I was going to ask you.... can I cut them off? :)

Happymom4 aka Hope Anne said...

Yes, you can cut them off. I used to wear a similar style sans strings. The strings are really a left-over tradition from when the coverings were tied on with wider strings, like a bonnet. Some people feel very tied to the tradition and don't believe they should remove the strings for fear that the covering would get smaller etc. They are a pain in my opinion, as for one year I attended a church where they were mandatory, so I wore them out of respect.

Chris said...

Yes you can cut them or look closely they are probably stitched on w/ tiny little stitches remove the stitches carefully and they should come right off.
Sorry I didn't come back and check comments

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin