His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Saturday, April 14, 2012

3 Steps Back

Yep, that is our day today.
Sigh..... :)


 (I took this during Alli's fit today)

I blogged that I hadn't seen any RAD or PTSD behaviors in a while..... spoke too soon.
We'll get through this stage and move on.  Not sure what triggered it..... 
She has been obsessing about horses.  Right now, horses are more important than family.
Those are words of hurt and anger. 
Sometimes I wonder, "Would I rather have me, or a horse?", if I were a kid.
 Don't I resemble a bit of a horse?  :)
(Alli took this during my nap today).....

3 comments:

Mike and Christie said...

Figured it out. Just got a hug and an "I'm sorry mommy, you are better than a horse." LOL
Thanks. I think. :)

Alysa said...

Is she mourning the loss of the horse she left behind when you adopted her?

Mike and Christie said...

Hi Alysa, that is what I was thinking at first, but no. She will always have fond memories of that horse, and we have horses around here that she likes to pet.
This had something to do with her own self image. I'll blog about it soon. I need to comb my hair first. :)

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin