His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Monday, September 5, 2011

A Wonderful Labor Day



It isn't over yet, but it has gone so very well!   We decided to not do school today and it has been so beautiful outside. I just LOVE it that we can open the windows!
This a.m. Mike and Sarah went to Home Depot while the other girls slept.  I took advantage of the quiet and got in some reading and tea drinking. :)
 I took Miss Alli out on a mother daughter date and we had a really great time.  We found a pair of pajamas for each of the girls, the pair of shoes Anna wanted was on sale for 10.99, and we found a few other things that were needed.  Alli spent a long time looking a the toy section and was just happy to look.
She was pointing out all the things that interested her, and I was happy to listen. It won't be much longer until we will be  toyless around here.  Both Anna and Erika have graduated from toy play except for an occasional barbie dress up session after being coaxed by Alli and Sarah. :)

When we got home, daddy was happily working on a few household things. The storm door now shuts properly, all the light bulbs in the bathroom now work and Erika and Anna's ceiling fan has a new motor and 3 way light thingy.... Daddy has been a busy guy!
Erika is very happy with her new ceiling light and fan. :)

I took a bike ride with the girls in the afternoon.... I forgot how fun it was to ride!  And then we finished off our Labor day with bean soup and a movie.  What a great day!


No comments:

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin