His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Studying Revelation

We started studying 1 John.  Then we went on to 2nd and 3rd John and Jude..... all very short letter books.
And then, the last book is Revelation.  We decided to study it.  So far it has been quite interesting.
And there has also been some humor.

We have one particular girl who has seems to have very particular tastes in clothing.  So when we got to Revelation 6:11.....
Mom read a little between the lines:
Rev 6:9- And I saw underneath the altar the souls of those who had been slain because of the word of God and because of the testimony they had maintained........ Revelation 6:11-And there was given to each of them a white robe; and they were told that they should rest for a little while longer...
and then I added: 
But one of the souls said, "Ummm but I don't wear white?  Do you happen to have any 'skinny robes'?
In cotton?  And with one of those little waist thingys?........

Ok, so I thought it was funny..... said daughter.....stared at me like, ummm. mother, that was NOT funny. :)

1 comment:

Kelly said...

From the mouths of babes...

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin