His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Oh To Be HIS Hands Extended.....

I saw this picture today on facebook, and then again on my friend Jeane's Blog (blessed by a child).
The photo was taken by Mike Wells,  to show the extent of starvation in Africa. He took it for a magazine, and when they went 5 months without printing it, he decided to enter it into a competition, but did not want money for the photo.

It is said,  "Pictures are worth a thousand words", and this one certainly fits that category.  The hand is that of a missionary in Uganda holding the hand of a dying boy. It does not say the boy's age....

We saw many children in Ukraine that were too small for their ages due to neglect and not enough food. I have seen video of children in orphanages who are starving to death. Some of you have brought home children who were hours away from dying because of a lack of food. 

I am priveledged to know a handful of folks out there who have changed the lives of children forever. I am priveledged to know those who go day in and day out and minister to the orphans that are etched in our memories.  May we NEVER EVER forget those left behind. :( 

That is what haunts me the most; the ones who are left behind. 

I bet this missionary never thought he would be holding such a precious little hand and sharing a loving moment in such a dire time.  I am sure he was changed forever, just as each of us who have gone overseas and seen the orphanages, are changed forever.   May we all continue to be the Hands and feet of Christ and never cease working until He comes!

I challenge each of you who have an adoption/family/ blog to repost this photo.  People are STARVING  while we are laughing and playing and going to restaurants, throwing out more food than many of these people have seen in a lifetime. :(


No comments:

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin