His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Thursday, September 29, 2011

OH MY! SOMETHING FUN!

I played banjo when I was younger. When I was 19, my banjo was stolen in a robbery. I got it back the next year, and then it got broken.  Life had its twists and turns and I never replaced it. 
I started feeling like I wanted to play it again.....35 years later. LOL
So, I looked on EBAY and found this lonely old banjo that somebody had purchased from a Pawn Shoppe and had sitting in their closet the last few years.  I bid on it. CHEAP.... and I was the only bidder.
I WON!
So..... my Banjo arrived today!!!!
 Oh the Anticipation!


 WHAT A MESS!



And there it is, in all its oldness! :)

I took it to Guitar Center and had it restrung... he said the head is in good shape and I didn't even need a new bridge. :)
So, with new strings and a new pick, Erika and I headed home.....
So here I am.... ready to try:
And here is my try:  I have a LOT of catching up to do!
video

And somehow..... I think I am going to have dueling banjos here soon....... :)


9 comments:

schnitzelbank said...

OK, I know we don't know each other IRL, or all that well in bloggy life, but can I just say that I ***LOVE**** the fact that you play banjo. This just makes you all the much cooler.

Holly said...

Awesome! Reminds me of of trying to learn how to play the guitar at college last year. Oh man was it more difficult than I thought it would be! Have fun with your new toy! :)

JJ said...

Awe! So glad you now have a banjo to enjoy. How blessed Erika is to have such a talented Mama! I agree that Erika will be playing, too before long. What a gal! :D

:)De said...

How were you able to get your banjo back after it being gone for a year?

Mike and Christie said...

The case had some distinct stickers on it. A police officer raided a pawn shoppe and found it. The stickers gave it away and he brought it to my house. :)

Hevel said...

Are you going to play it on the porch in a rocking chair? If you are, I must visit you some day!

Mike and Christie said...

We have a swing, and I played it yesterday out on the porch. It was REALLY relaxing and enjoyable. :)

Mary Grace Biggs said...

Is it a good banjo? Did the other bidders think there was something wrong with it so there for they dint want it?

Mike and Christie said...

It is a really good banjo! I guess the Lord just wanted me to have it! :)

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin