His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Choosing The Path of Love

I have been giving much thought to this lately.  The path of love is not a popular path. There are so many excuses to not love.

But she....
But he...
But they....

And many of those "buts" may be true.....
However the right but is....
BUT YOU, I, WE,  must choose the path of LOVE.

It is a higher road. It is not worn, as many do not tred it.
It is a narrow road. It is a painful road.
It is a joyous road.
Somehow, sorrow and suffering, joy and gladness, pain and happiness seem to
work together to make us strong.
I don't understand it. I just know that it is what it is.

Some of the greatest love in my life, has come out of the deepest of suffering.

It is hard to explain.  I just know that God, Jesus Christ, while we hated him, chose the path of love and loved us FIRST.  He loved us when we didn't love him.  HE LOVED US. Did He suffer? YES, He did.
But HE chose LOVE. Because HE impersonates LOVE. He IS Love.

How can we LOVE those who hate us? How can we LOVE those who are too hurt to LOVE?
Follow Christ's example....Tell the truth, and give, and give and give...... and LOVE.

When I see those around who are hostile towards us, it is hard to return hostility with Love.
We MUST do it. We MUST.
Will it be received?  Maybe, maybe not.
But it is a COMMAND in Scripture to LOVE your enemies and do good to those who despitefully use you.

Tomorrow, as the anniversary for 9-11 happens, and we all remember that day.... Let's also remember to LOVE, in the midst of our pain and sorrow and grief.  Let's remember that we are ALL in the same boat, but for Christ; hopelessly Lost.

I pray that the Lord will grant me the gift of love.



2 comments:

.:♥:. tyraelynn .:♥:. said...

IMO it is easier to love because it is what I do to keep myself happy! I have my days when fear and doubt creep in, when life takes over and love is dark... but ultimately I feel that I have taken the path of Love and created my life around it. I am only 20 so I still have a lot of the world to see and life to live and want to live it in love. I come from a hard childhood: was in abused, neglected, etc the mojority of my life... went into foster care, had 3 failed adoptions, 1 finalized and then failed adoption, etc. However, I have found it within me to take upon myself the responsibiliy to live my life rather than to dwell on the negative. It's not easy... but do-able. I have forgivien my mom... the one person who has hurt me the most... and in doing so I have so much empathy and love for her. I know what she did was wrong... but have found a way past that. SO.. I know that if i can take the road less traveled with all the burden i've bared, than almost anyone can! Great post!

Kelly said...

Great post. Yep, it's hard to love those who hate and despise us, yet it is the command we are given. A toug command it is...

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin