His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Friday, September 30, 2011

Precious Sister Love

Alli is doing so great! I am so proud of her.  I must say, that Alli has 3 sisters rooting for her success, besides mom and dad. :) 
Each one of them is on TEAM MINICH as always.  But today, I'm going to talk a little about Erika. :)

Erika has overcome so much herself and she is a beautiful, sweetheart.  Erika learned how to knit when she had her feet amputated. She started on a knitting loom like the one Alli is holding.  She decided to teach Alli how to knit too.  Alli has really taken to it, and they sit together every day and talk and snuggle and knit. 
The other day when Alli was a little frustrated with her math.... I watched Erika walk by her, put her arm around her and kiss her on the cheek.   That was exactly the affirmation Alli needed. Erika is very sensitive  and has very keen intuition. :)

Alli ADORES Erika.  They have developed a very close relationship and it is precious to see. 

2 comments:

Annie said...

I wish I had what you have.....I do not know how to make my children love and have compassion for one another.

Hevel said...

Erika is such a wonderful big sister! And that scarf (I think it's a scarf) Alli is making looks fabulous!

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin