His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

A REAL conversation part 2

I wrote about our dilemma here.

And now, I want to write about what came from it.

Sarah said she actually really enjoys taking care of the chickens, but sometimes she get distracted with other things. She said she knows she needs to try harder to get her chicken work done before she does anything else.

So we have agreed that a.m. is best for getting coop work done, and then eggs need to be brought in 2 x's a day. Early and later when she puts the chickens away.


She also  agreed that she had much room to improve in listening and responding.
We gave each other big hugs, and she is back to her normal self and I'm back to mine.
We both apologized.

I learned that I need to trust the Lord with every situation and not get to frustrated during the learning process.  It takes a long time to teach children to do things  in a manner that is beyond  kid approved. :)
I also remembered that HOW I present something can make all the difference in its reception.

I know this to be true,  and yet there are days when I become slothful in my parenting.
The funny thing is:   Slothful leads to more work in the end because you have to correct things. :)

Respond don't react!  RESPOND don't REACT!
A soft answer turns away wrath!
I was thinking about the hymn:
Softly and Tenderly

Softly and tenderly Jesus is calling, 
 calling for you and for me; 
 see, on the portals he's waiting and watching, 
 watching for you and for me. 
Refrain:
 Come home, come home; 
 ye who are weary come home; 
 earnestly, tenderly, Jesus is calling, 
 calling, O sinner, come home! 

2. Why should we tary when Jesus is pleading, 
 pleading for you and for me? 
 Why should we linger and heed not his mercies, 
 mercies for you and for me? 
 (Refrain) 

3. Time is now fleeting, the moments are passing, 
 passing from you and from me; 
 shadows are gathering, deathbeds are coming, 
 coming for you and for me. 
 (Refrain) 

4. O for the wonderful love he has promised, 
 promised for you and for me! 
 Though we have sinned, he has mercy and pardon, 
 pardon for you and for me
 
 
 
I am mostly familiar with the first and fourth verses of this song.... but it gave me
time to think about How God Deals with His children, softly and tenderly, 
with great mercy and pardon.
 
Why should we be any different...? 

2 comments:

:)De said...

Wow! The Holy Spirit has really been on me the last couple of days. You and a couple of other sisters have really posted some timely post.

Okay, Lord. I hear you.

I love the writing idea of corresponding. I know that sometimes my tone speaks the truth of what my heart is feeling even though I am trying not to say negative things. What I am saying gets lost behind how I say it.

Thank you to you and Sarah for sharing.

Peace

Mike and Christie said...

De,
I kinda like the letter writing too. :)

I remember as a child sometimes feeling so violated, so walked over, that my feelings didn't count etc.
We had no voice, no opportunity to explain anything, and we were overpowered by force to shut up and put up with whatever came our way.

So, on the outside, I was a compliant obedient child. On the inside I was raging angry. Though I didn't act upon it externally, I sure had an active "thought life". :) And it was not respectful.
I am embarrassed to say.!

I SO DO NOT WANT THIS FOR MY CHILDREN! I was a little taken back that Sarah expressed being afraid to say something out loud.... she probably knew she couldn't deliver it correctly. LOL
And her comment about "the look"...
LOL.... I can't help it, I am the woman with this face! :)

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin