His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day Thoughts


On the Subject of Love.....
What is Love Exactly! It is amazing how many ways we use the word Love.
I "Love" Pizza!
I "Love" chocolate!
I "Love" my shoes!
I "Love" my husband!
I "Love" my children!

Somehow, this over used word loses it's true meaning when we apply it to food and clothing.
So, since Love is an abstract word, it is hard to understand it's meaning sometimes.
The Bible has a wonderful description of Love in 1 Corinthians 13.
This chapter not only explains what love IS, it also says what LOVE isn't. 

One of the stand out portions of this scripture is:
If I speak with the tongues of Men and Angels but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal.  If I have prophetic powers, understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I AM NOTHING. If I give away all I have and if I deliver up my body to be burned but have not love, I gain NOTHING.

Does this mean that I could actually sacrifice all that I have, and actually NOT love?
YES! 
 Love, is a verb YES, but it is NOT just giving everything up sacrificially with the "woe is me, look at all the sacrifices I am giving up for you!"  
TRUE LOVE is patient and kind! KIND! Not resentful! True love does not envy or boast.
True love does not rejoice when something bad happens to somebody or in wrong doing, but rejoices in the truth. 
TRUE LOVE BEARS ALL THINGS, HOPES ALL THINGS, ENDURES ALL THINGS and it never, EVER ends!



No comments:

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin