His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Abortion and The Handicapped

This little girl doesn't have an adoptive family because of her handicaps.
She is a precious child. But many will not adopt her, just like many people choose to abort.
So she gets to rot in a bed, because there are those who only want perfect children.

I'm not feeling very politically correct today.  Sometimes, there is a time to throw up on your blog. Since it is my blog, I will.

Technology being what it is today, gives parents the ability to see into the womb. It gives parents information about their baby ahead of time.  This information can be a blessing and a curse.

What if, you were given information that the baby you were carrying had a birth defect, or deformity or disease or condition that would lead to a "quality of life" issue?

I am so disturbed that the common line is "We can abort"..... ABORT!  GET RID OF! DESTROY!!!
Why? Because our kids aren't perfect?  There is actually PRESSURE to abort.  Just like there was pressure for us to remove our son from Life Support.  "He will never have a life. You're life will be ruined.... you can have another baby....he will be a burden."  These words were spoken to me about my son who was already born!
Why do we not treasure our children? Why do we not protect those who need the most protection?
What gives US the right to decide who lives and who dies and for that matter, who has a better QUALITY OF LIFE?
I was talking to a woman one time after Erika had her feet amputated. She said, "If I had a 'mongoloid' child, I would have kept it, but anything else, I would have aborted!"  I was so stunned I couldn't speak.  This was while my little girl was sitting in the next room healing, with no feet, my other little girl was running around happily playing and my son who has Cerebral Palsy and is a happily married man, was in college!
This woman knew each of these children, yet said this!  As if I had made a bad decision.

I will never understand this type of thinking.  Our lives are not given to us to be selfish.  Our lives are not our own.  True JOY in life and true QUALITY OF LIFE comes from Giving, Loving, Caring.....
A handicap is NOT the end of the world! Ask Nic Vuyjic!
Ask Erika!  Ask Sarah! Ask Tim!  and Many Many More!

If you are reading this and you would like to link your blog sight in the comments section, so those who are considering Abortion can see that there is abundant LIFE even with handicaps or special needs, please feel free to do so!

LIFE IS PRECIOUS! Don't Waste another person's life out of fear.  There are MANY willing to help.

5 comments:

Annie said...

You lovely woman.

I suppose it must be fear - isn't all evil generated from fear? Because God is LOVE and God is TRUST.

When my oldest was born critically ill and was on oxygen, a woman looked into his baby carriage, and instead of remarking on his adorableness - commented, "It is a shame when some of them live, isn't it?"

What?

But, it is a conundrum. There are so many perfect children who go without parents, too. If I had one wish it would be to do something about the cost of adoption. That is the greatest evil. I think that somehow just having a child (even your own) is such a risk-taking leap. Adoption is more so, not only because of the addition of a child, and the fear you might not "be able" to love him or her, but risking your financial security too, seems so crazy. Taking on a disabled child adds one more layer of fear and anxiety. I'd like to try it - especially with that darling in the photo.

mommajeane said...

I love your post Christie...Well said words that I agree totally with..Anytime you want to "throw up" like this I am right there with you.

Autumn said...

Hey that's the little girl I think you should bring home :) I want to SO BAD but I'm single (for now :). Anyhow, just thought I'd throw that out there.... :)

FaerieMama said...

Amen Amen Amen!

Mike and Christie said...

Autumn,
Pray for us! I go to that sight all the time and there are two little girls that stand out that we pray for. One is this little girl and the other one is the little Red head girl who is about 12 now, named Julia.

We have no doubt in our hearts we could care for either of them. At the same time, we don't want to take any step that would not be in line with what God has planned for us. All of our adoptions have sort of come to us, so it is a scary proposition to go from the other side.... Does that make sense?
But Oh how I would love to do it.
Just pray! :)

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin