His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Sunday, February 6, 2011

"Stylish Blogger Award"

A fellow bloggy world friend, Katie, whom I was able to meet late last year at the President's 5K in honor of Texas Scottish Rite Hospital, and fellow mommy to a precious daughter with Arthrogryposis.... btw- one of the cutest babies ever..... gave me this "Stylish Blogger Award"......   If anybody is in need of an spiritual Uplift, read Katie's blog! She is a huge blessing from the Lord.  She has insight that many times just blesses me so very much!

Now, Stylish?  LOL
I am the no makeup, sweat wearing, wearing my husband's sweat socks to keep warm kinda girl. LOL
BUT THANK YOU! It is very sweet to know others read. :)

Upon receiving this award, I am supposed to:
1) Thank, and link back to the person who awarded it.
2) Share 7 things about myself.
3) Award 10 great bloggers.
4) Contact these bloggers and tell them about the award.

 7 Things about myself:

1. I Love the Lord Jesus Christ and want to glorify Him in all I do.
I fail at that many times a day. But I know HE knows and picks me up and holds me in his Hands.

2. I have been a Mom since I was 20 years old.  I still think it is an amazing, wonderful, thrilling, gift..... 

3. I am a Ya-Ya, and there is great joy in Ya-Ya-hood. :)

4. One of the biggest pleasures in my life was teaching a group of  4th - 6th graders for a Wednesday Night Bible study.  They were sort of the "reform class" like in Reform school.... and all the teachers would quit after a few weeks.  I volunteered.  These kids were in need of serious truth. So we started a simple verse by verse bible Study through the book of John and little lives were transformed in that class.  I miss those kids.  (they are all grown up now) :)

5. I waited all week to go outside so I wouldn't fall on the ice. I have this bad habit of falling on ice and it takes a while to get over.  So I kept a really safe distance from the porch, or made sure the snow was heavy enough not to slip.  And then, last night my daughter in law called. I went in my BEDROOM to talk to her, sat in the antique rocking chair and it BROKE, throwing me back.... I was so embarrassed that I didn't make a peep, but while we were talking, it took me about 5 minutes to get out of that mess.
And yes, today I am sore! UGH

6.  I am actually an Introvert.   For some reason that shocks people. :)

7.I still don't know how to wear my hair!  (that's deep) LOL       

Now, for 10 bloggers awards:



5 comments:

dulce de leche said...

Awww. Thank you so much! I am enjoying your blog and getting to know more about your beautiful family and the amazing grace that you share. Blessings!

:)De said...

Thank you so much. I love reading about your family and your girlies. I aspire to be as graceful in my parenting as you.

Peace

Hevel said...

Ouch on the rocking chair. I hope you didn't hurt yourself.

I'd say let Erika style your hair. And there's also a great photo of your with headkerchief or bandana or whatever. :)

Rebecca said...

Oh mom! You fell talking to ME! awww...I feel bad. I had no idea, though I did note that you seemed kinda distracted at one point. That must have been why. LOL Are you feeling better now, I hope?

Mike and Christie said...

It was a really stupid fall. LOL
Yea, that distraction was me trying to figure out how to get up when my feet were over my head. Took about 5 minutes. LOL
I am still a little sore, but at LEAST I didn't fall on the ice!

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin