His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Friday, January 22, 2010

What I Believe My Dream Meant

Back to Matthew 11:
The first part of the chapter is about the rejection of John the Baptist, the 2nd part, is about the rejection of Jesus Christ himself.
The section I wrote about has to do with the generation itself rejecting both John's Words AND Jesus Christ.
He has much to say after those verses.
Also, in Matthew 7:21-23, Christ said, "Not everyone who says to me Lord, Lord, will enter the kingdom of heaven; but he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.
Many will say to me on that day, "Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name cast out demons and in your name perform many miracles?
And then I will declare to them, I never knew you, Depart from me, you who practice Lawlessness."

In my mind, as was waking up, it was clearer to me that the house, was a church. The junk food being brought in, was the teaching within the church that does not lead to life, but is simply not of God. The children, in their mother's eyes were all dressed up beautifully on the outside.
I was seeing the sadness of the inside. They were not being given truth, for eternal nourishment, but junk.
The party that was taking place had to do with everybody being happy, dressing up, getting together for "church" to celebrate Christ, doing what in our own minds we think is "worship" what WE think is right, and in fact, the Guest of honor wasn't even there.

When I left, he was there, and knew a celebration was going on to honor him, but he sadly went the other way.
Why?
The Lord wants to commune with us, he wants to be in relationship with us, but many don't even know him. We are in the church for the party. We like our fluff and programs and potlucks.... we think we know what HE likes, but we really don't, many of us really don't.

I have to say, this brought me to my knees today, or I would not be writing about it.
I want my first love. I want communion with him, not on my terms but on His.

And the jury is out for more kids. :)

3 comments:

Mike and Christie said...

I try not to be preachy on a family blog, but this came to me and I was compelled. :)

Diana said...

It's your blog, you can say and preach whatever you want! Yes, I too read the rejection of Christ and that he was chasiting the people for it. My mind has been racing in a million different directions today because there's too much "stuff" going on- stupid stuff that ultimately doesn't matter - so all my thoughts are pretty much a jumbled mess...and I've had lots of distractions and interuptions today as well. Thanks for posting your clear ones. As I read your last post, I really did think along those same lines as you have here - but you said it a LOT better than I could have done.

This subject is actually one of the "stuff" things that has been weighing heavily on my soul lately and has also been a great source of frustration for me the past several weeks. So much seems to be about show and fluff and maintaining social appearances. But as you said, the guest of honor is often missing...and so is common desency and respect for people who dare to challenge the fluff blowers.

Yet I look at what's happened in Haiti this past week and I can't help but ask myself if something like that were to happen here in my community - something of big enough magnitude to strip away the fluff and the pomp and the whatever, I wonder how many of us would have the emotional and spiritual strength to survive it?

I see so many people around me, good people with good hearts and good intentions, yet people who are also really good at the lip service thing, actually being quite content to live in poorly constructed spiritual and emotional buildings with little or no real foundation. It terrifies me and also makes me very sad to think what would happen if there was ever a time when we all HAD ro rely on those buildings as shelter from the storms of life because everything else was gone. I guess all I can do, though, is go pound a little more re-bar into my own buildings.

The Adventures of Erika said...

Nice dream Mom. with love.

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin