His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

The New Year Is Here

It is already January 5th! I wrote my first check and put the wrong date on it; a habit of mine.... since the writing of checks began... it takes me a few months to get used to the new date year.

We started school today. I had the girlies turn in last semester's work, so they could fit new work into their notebooks.
After studying Ancient Greece last semester, it is time for Ancient Rome this semester. We had our first craft, making like homes of the Latins.... (the early Romans) I learn something new every day. The early Romans, spoke a primitive type of Latin. Maybe it was much like MY primitive Latin? :)

I went to the doctor yesterday for my shoulder, and he was very happy with my progress.
I am in greatly reduced pain and I am so thankful! Now, I am allowed to start to move it and
exercise it a little, to get movement back. YEA....
He talked to me about retraining my brain. I hope this old brain can learn new tricks.
Or at least remember the old ones. :)

Is it cold where you live? Brrrrrr!!!!!! We are in the 20's.... As of tomorrow, we will go up to the 40's, then down to the teens, and it won't be above freezing until Saturday. That is COLD for Texas.
Our little wood burning stove is working overtime! It is our heat source, and has kept us at about 69-72 degrees day and night. Sometimes we forget and when we walk outside it is like....AHHHHHH! Its cold out there!!!!!
I am really thankful for the stove.

I already miss the kids....and grand kids. We had such a fun time with Sam.
They'll be back.....

4 comments:

Melissa E. said...

Happy New Year! It's cold here too. Glad to hear that you are feeling better. I hope you continue to improve!

JJ said...

SO glad to read about your shoulder improving and the pain subsiding!

I was saying nice things about you to a new friend who was over today. Were your ears burning?

I miss you!!!

Christine said...

Glad your shoulder is doing better. :)

Jodie said...

Wil be praying for your family; I am so glad you are not in as much pain with your shoulder! I just got back from Vegas this afternoon; It was very nice and pretty there; not terribly cold. I am not even going to mention our weather here!
Love, your sister

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin