His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Saturday, January 16, 2010

New Life

The girls were missing Mr. Kitty Winkle so badly. I started looking for a new kitten, and came across a family that was planning to send a herd of cats to the pound.

I asked if we could take 2 and care for them, instead of sending them away.
So, here they are. Tiny, and bottle feeding.
We will keep one, and give the other to a friend.
The kids are VERY excited about being mothers again. :)

These kittens are tiny, and need constant care.
Their eyes are not open yet.
They are younger than Mr. Kitty Winkle was when we found him at about a week old.


Aren't they adorable? I figure they eat as much as they weigh, every meal.
We use an eye dropper and then a nuk nipple. They suck on the end of the nipple really well.
They like the fake mama, and the heating pad keeps them warm.

We have had them for almost 3 days, and they are doing really well, so far.

5 comments:

Holly said...

Aww! How cute! Good luck with your new furbabies! :)

JJ said...

I've been waiting for this moment for 3 days, lol. I know you have been VERY busy. So glad you were willing and able to do this for the girls. I know that you will have twice the fun, for sure!

mommajeane said...

We have done this a few times and we love it... with a daughter married to a vet and another a groomer.. we have to many opportunities to come across animals who need care. It is a great experience but we hate when they leave. We have found out we could not be farmers of beef cattle or breeders.. we get too attached to let them go. We ended up with 2 of the 13 puppies we raised once when the momma came thru the vets office. I love the little white ears lines on the ears of the kitties... what do you all feed them?

Melissa E. said...

DARLING!!!

Jeri said...

Look, they're attaching! What a great idea to use the fake mama and give them more of a natural experience...sweet.

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin