His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Saturday, January 30, 2010

The Confusing Label.... continued

Before I blogged about Walmart's "naturally gluten free" sauce that possibly contains wheat.
The front label says, "a naturally gluten free food", but on the back, the newest label says, "possibly contains traces of wheat". THAT is NOT gluten free!

So today, I was more careful. I really am picky about where my food comes from. I always assumed, since tomatoes are so easy to grow in the South, and Bentonville Arkansas is where the food is prepared, it would seem I was eating Arkansas tomatoes.... but no.... my tomatoes are coming from CHINA! I won't drink apple juice that is not fresh, because IT comes from China, and now the tomatoes come from China too?

Wow, we have gone from electronics to apple juice and tomatoes!

Better yet, I LOVE chinese spices but have shied away from them because of where they come from. But today, I was eying this chili sauce. I looked to see where it was from, mind you, most of the label is in another language..... it is made in the U.S.A..... it doesn't say where it gets the Chili from, but it is certainly made in the U.S.A. LOL
Who would have thought?

How convenient that it is time to get ready for gardening..... I think tomatoes will be at the top of our list!

2 comments:

Hevel said...

Back in Budapest my Lebanese neighbor did an extensiv testing of products that are naturally gluten free, but might contain wheat. Turns out that for products that were packaged in country but originated from elsewhere the allergy warnings were always given, just to make sure, but no gluten was in any of the products. So it's a better be safe than sorry labeling practice.

Mike and Christie said...

Hevel, that makes TOTAL sense. THe labels used to just say gluten free.... so because the source of the tomatoes can't be guaranteed, that is why they are putting the new warning.

I'd be more cautious about melamine contamination, after the baby milk and dog food scare came out.

Aren't labels fun? LOL

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin