His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Monday, January 18, 2010

Expedited Adoptions

I was watching the news last night, and there was a segment covering the sad, tragic situation in Haiti. As everybody must know, there was a terrible earth quake on Tuesday evening of last week. It hit right about the 5:00 hour, when people were out and about and still at work.
Some were cooking dinner, some shopping, some finishing up business, and some relaxing in their homes.

Disaster struck, and 2 minutes later, an entire nation was changed.

Over here, there were many families, something like 300, who have been trying to adopt from Haiti; some for YEARS. Many were adopting older children who have been languishing in orphanages.
These poor families, many who were prepared to pick up their children, and some who were still in the process, found themselves frustrated and anguished waiting to hear the news of weather their future children were dead, alive or injured.
One family had tragic news. Their little boy, died in the earth quake. They were just 3 weeks away from bringing him home.
What were they waiting for?? A VISA.

My mind got to thinking about why it takes SO LONG for simple things to happen, like a signature, or an approval for a visa. Why do our kids have to wait so long to come home, when in reality, 300 kids were able to come home at the near snap of a finger?

Somehow, within 5 days, 300 children were expedited to leave Haiti and go to America to their new families. I am so happy for them, and so glad that those in power, made a good decision.

The question that languishes in my mind though, is why does it take months for one, that can be done in 5 days for 300? Why can adoptions not be expedited on our side at least?
Why should it take weeks to months to get approval from the Gov't.?

If it is possible to act quickly, WHY DON'T THEY?

Just thinking out loud.

2 comments:

Diana said...

I completely agree!!! And I find it very frustrating as well.

Tony and Dawn said...

Isn't it frustrating? I just do not understand why the bureaucrats can't manage our visa process better than they currently are doing.

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin