His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Sunday, June 8, 2008

Visiting Thoughts



I'm sitting here tonight; late tonight.... unable to sleep quite yet.
We have had lots of excitement around here, lots of memories brought back up, and lots of time to reminisce.

I'm sitting here with tears in my eyes, because I can't believe how the Lord saw fit to use us... who are we? Nobodies. We are "Mechanic Mike and Farmer "wannabe" Christie".
Yet, in God's infinite plan, he chose us for his purposes. Doesn't that just blow your mind?

As we were talking to Papa Dima, so much information that we did not have about our little girls was coming out.
He talked about the first time he met our Sarah as an 18 month old child. He said, "she was like a wild animal in a cage". The doctor told him, "don't pay attention to that one"; like she was a hopeless case. She recoiled in fear at somebody coming near her crib. Now, just look at her... she is funny and smart and amazing and loving and kind and sweet, and she is our little girl.

In Erika's case: Our paperwork arrived at the orphanage on the very day she was to be sent away to a mental institution forever. I didn't know that. I knew she was leaving soon, but didn't know her bags were packed and she was an hour away from leaving.
THAT is how she knew something was happening.... because she didn't leave.....

Isn't our Lord INCREDIBLE? Isn't it amazing how he uses us to bring glory to himself?
You always look at it as "somebody else", they have an amazing relationship with God, and exciting life, and God works in their lives in a mighty way... you never look at it as you....

Yet, here we are, and God has worked in OUR lives, and we continue to Marvel at the process....
We are not special. We are not spectacular... We are just servants.

My heart sings with Joy to the Lord for HIS marvelous and wondrous works are many.
My faith is increased at the testimony of His love and faithfulness.

I continue to be amazed as the haze wears off and I see clearly the HAND of GOD in our lives, orchestrating every step in the way HE did, where there was no CHANCE at ALL for any question of "who was in charge". GOD was in Charge. He IS in charge, and we happily give him the steering wheel of our lives because, when HE drives, we get to take some very exciting and unexpected journeys.

Praise the Lord for his loving kindess and mercy and grace that gets us through each and every day.

4 comments:

Melissa E. said...

Hmmm. I understand as an adoptive parent myself the hunger for information about our children before they were ours. The news is pretty much always pretty sad, though and each new piece causes us dismay.

Looking at it from a "different angle" though, helps us see the truth that God can bring Glory out of the worst of circumstances and make old things truly be transformed into new life.

I wish we could have spent time with Papa Dima too. I am glad you were able to enjoy their visit and so glad for them that they were able to make the trip!

Michelle said...

Who is Papa Dima? I'd love to know more!

The idea of your girls in that situation, and the life they have now in your family - I cannot tell you how it moves me. To get to be a part of that? What else IS there that could matter more?

wow! THANK YOU for sharing this.

David and Sarah said...

Our Lord truly is beautiful and kind! He cares for each one. And it is amazing how He uses ordinary people to give His love to others.
Blessings,
Sarah

Mike and Christie said...

Papa Dima is a Ukrainian man who visits the orphanages in his area every chance he gets. He was influential in our dd's lives and their only visitor. He came to love them, and has followed their lives with us.
He is able to share the Lord with the children and teaches Sunday School lessons, and provides material needs also.

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin