His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

THINGS YOU SHOULD NEVER DO!

1. Paint your sister's eyelashes with nail polish while she is sleeping!

2. When mother inquires as to WHY sister has woken up crying, "my eye,my EYE"!
You stand and look unaware of WHY her eye MIGHT be burning......

3. When sister says, "she got nail polish in my eye, you say, "Not IN your eye, just on
your eye lashes!"

3. When mother sends you to daddy to get the emergency eye wash, you go ask daddy
"Do you have any eye drops?" rather calmly!.....

Yep, this was the scenario at our house this a.m.

Sarah decided Erika would look pretty with Purple Eyelashes.

Daddy handled Sarah so very well. She was hiding out in her room feeling terrible.
It wasn't her intent to harm her sister. She was shocked when sister started crying.
Even more shocked when I grabbed sister from bed and started pouring water on her eyes and then said, GO GET DADDY NOW! Tell him we need the eye drops FAST!
(He has an emergency eye wash kit due to chemicals he uses regularly, including acetone, which is what nail polish contains)
So daddy pulled Sarah to his lap and she was crying. Then she was getting mad because she didn't want to be held right then, she wanted to run and hide in shame.
Daddy so wisely said, "I love you, even when you do things that are foolish." "I love you, even when you are mad." "What you do, doesn't change how I feel about you."
She melted.

The victim,Erika, is fine. Her eye was washed out with a special solution for about 15 minutes and then we put in a lubricant.

All is back to normal, what ever that is..... and, we have new knowledge about nail polish. It is for FINGERNAILS ONLY!

One of the things we easily forget with our girls and are reminded of regularly, is that they are not their "age", in knowledge or emotion. They are much younger.
Sarah just turned 9, and did something that a toddler might do. She missed being taught about "nail polish". Her response was also younger than her age.
Jumping from, "big girls" "tween girls" to "toddler girls" isn't always easy and is sometimes a maze to get through. Some behaviors can be puzzling.

We will get there with each of them. The journey to adulthood with any child can be harrowing. :)

This journey is so rewarding and scary and fun and crazy and we are the luckiest parents on earth. :)

And we are very glad that Erika can see. :)

2 comments:

Ivy said...

what I want to know is-- HOW did Erika sleep through that?

Mike and Christie said...

She didn't. I think at first it probably tickled her awake, then it got in her eye.

Oh My!

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin