His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Saturday, June 14, 2008

Anna

"Here mama, can you keep these?"

They were the pictures of her bio mom.

"You are the best mama I have ever had, so I really don't need these any more."

:)

We repeat this process about every 6 mos. Anna's pictures of her bio mom stay on her shelf, she looks at them, then she turns them to face the wall, then she put them in a drawer, then she returns them to me to put in my drawer, and then in a few months, it won't surprise me if she says, "Mom, you know those pictures of T, is it ok if I look at them?"

I smile and give them back. :)

THIS time, however, is the first time she ever said, "You are the best mama I have ever had."

It must be odd having had so many mamas. I'm so thankful to be her forever mama,
and not just one in a long list of "mamas".

On her birthday in November, she will have spent exactly 1/2 of her life with us, and that is a significant milestone that she is very aware of.
It is important to her that she has been here a long time, and even the "longest".

I have overheard her saying, "You're the oldest, but I've been here the longest!" :)

It is such a joy watching them grow.

No comments:

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin