His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Thursday, June 19, 2008

So What IS Home Really?

A friend wrote in an email that he was asked, "Do you feel like you are back at home?"
His family lives all over the world, literally. He and his wife are missionaries.
They live in one of the most dangerous parts of the world that there is today.
They have lived elsewhere, and their children, all grown now, have lived in the U.S., in the middle east, in missionary schools, and now reside with their individual families.

I was thinking about "What is Home really?"

Home is where you hang your hat, and even your hat is a rental......

It is important to remember that WHERE we live, geographically, is not important. It is HOW we live that is important. You can be at "home" anywhere. But, to really be "home", is to be in the presence of the Lord. I'm not talking just "future" either.
We can be in the presence of the Lord, right now, here, there, anywhere, as long as we are in His presence.

While we are glad our friends are visiting, we know they know where their real home is.

No comments:

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin