His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Father's Day

Father's day has come once again, and it was a wonderful time of visiting with Mike's mom and dad, going out for BBQ and just enjoying each other's company.

Father's are so important in the lives of children. In our society, a father's role is underestimated.

I am so thankful for Mike as a father. I would not be able to fulfill what I do as a mother, without his willingness to be the father that he is to our girls.

Our girls grew up without a father (or a mother) for many years. It has been fun to see the relationship between them and Mike develop. He is an awesome father to them and they love him and shower him with kisses and hugs....

Today was also special, in that , PAPA DIMA was able to speak at our church about his ministry to orphans in Ukraine. What a wonderful time for his visit. He is the "Papa" to countless orphans and hospitalized children, and he was able to come to America and be here on "Father's Day". They do not celebrate Father's day in Ukraine.
His message how the Lord has made his ministry possible, and the evident love and care for the orphans was an inspiration for All of us who attended.

Finally, even those of us who will never have an "earthly" father, yet have trusted in Christ for life, can celebrate their Heavenly Father. We are ALL adopted son's and daughters in Christ Jesus. Our heavenly father, nurtures and cares for us and watches over us, and is such a wonderful example for ALL fathers to follow.

No comments:

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin