His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Putting On Love/ Putting on Christ

You cannot fake love; not real, genuine love. 
The Scripture calls us to put on love.  There are more passages than I can quote or write here, that say the very same things.   There are many passages that describe love.  And yet, for some reason, love is not the first thing that happens in our hearts when we are offended or hurt.

I am guilty of not loving my neighbor as I should.  Sometimes, difficult people come into our lives and it is very hard to put ourselves aside and just love them.  It isn't natural to us. 
But God....

Why is that?  Why is it when we are offended, we are not overcome with love naturally? 
I think it is because the Love that we are called to as Christians is not natural! 

Scripture says in 1 Corinthians chapter 13:4-6:

Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful;[b] it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

There are times when I find myself struggling especially when trying to deal with a difficult situation.
I desire greatly, to operate in this kind of love!  But this kind of love requires that I be surrendered over to Christ in all things! 

Love causes us to give our life away!  Not carelessly with no reason.  But very intentionally; even when it doesn't make sense.

And when we do, oh the freeing, release we experience in the Lord.    All that matters is Him.

I don't have to perform, look perfect, or worry about what others think.  It only matters what God thinks. :)  He already knows I am not perfect!  He knows it very well.  Yet, He loves me with the kind of love in which  He wants me to love others!

A long time ago, I did not understand the Love that God had for me.  I saw him more as a rule giver, who angrily lashed out at those who didn't instantly obey His commands. 

However, I learned eventually, that I would never be able, in this lifetime to be perfect, and God already knew that. :)  And He loves me in my frailty.  He loves me in my imperfectness.  He loves me in my feeble attempts to please Him.  And the Love that I have been shown is just the beginning of my understanding of God's love.
Who can fathom it?

And as I surrender my life over to him, again and again, as Paul said, "dying daily"..... I have found a treasure that is worth seeking.  I have found a life that is worth living.  I have found a Savior in whom I delight.
And Oh, how He loves us. 

Does that mean he does not allow trial or suffering to come into our lives?  No.  But He is there, each step of the way to walk us through every rough spot.

And we learn. 

God, who spoke the world into existence, yet came to earth, incarnate, as a baby, that we might be saved from our sin, LOVED us and LOVES us. 
And at the time that Christ died for ALL of the sins of the world,  I had not even been born yet.  Yet he died for MY sin and your sin, and all the sin that has not even been committed yet. 
Yes, He bore ALL sin, all at one time, in his body on the cross.  And I am so thankful.

Yes, the world we live in  is fallen.  It is imperfect due to the effects of sin.  There is suffering and hardship.  But God.....

And yes, I want to Love like He loves.  I can only confess my short comings and ask Him to fill me with His spirit that I might love more. 

I want HIS love.  I want to live in Christ.  I want my children to experience Godly, Unconditional, Love! 
It is a healing balm to our wounded soul.  And it leads to truth and light.

No comments:

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin