His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Conversations and Frogs



There are those times during the day that everybody goes in different directions for school work, volunteer work, helping in the shoppe, playing with dolls, housework, computer work, playing with the dog and more.

And then, there are those times, like tonight, where a bunch of girls piled on my bed and on my rocking chair and we all sat and talked about everything and nothing.

There was laughing and planning for the weekend events, as well as discussion about life in general.
We had such a good time that I didn't want it to end. :)

From that conversation I learned that my girls are maturing and thinking about life in such good ways.

I am so proud of my girls.  They love on each other and laugh with each other and I see the true camaraderie between them.  They show true appreciation for each other and genuine interest in what each other is doing.  I can so see them like their brothers; being very close friends when they are grown up.
One of our discussions was  about Erika's new sign that says "Please Knock!" on her door. Apparently I have committed entrance felonies recently by not knocking first. :) Oh the stories! :)
I told her she needed to put one on the bathroom door too; and Sarah heartily agreed! :)

Soooo, after wearing ourselves out with fun and laughter, we decided to finish off our conversation by watching the last episode of Duck Dynasty season one.  "Willie Stay or Willie Go".....

Oh my words.  I don't think I have any laughter left . LOL<----- maybe I do! :)


BTW- I have a real frog in my refrigerator..... yes, but it is not for eating.  It is for discecting and I haven't had the guts to do it yet.    But I did crack up last week when Mike pulled out the package and opened it.... "Is this a real frog in the refrigerator?"
Sorry dear. :)


1 comment:

Brooke said...

I got a really good deal at the used curriculum sale, so I have a box of dissection specimens now residing in my bedroom closet, along with the five microscopes I've acquired for the biology class I'm leading in the fall. Gotta love homeschool.

(I'm still trying to figure out a better home for the rats, crayfish, and worms. I'm glad they are well-preserved and I don't have to keep them in the fridge. That would be awkward to explain to houseguests!)

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin